Saturday, March 07, 2009 Comment0 Comments

Hey guys!
I have started making this blog so that I will have it this summer. I wanted to have a seperate blog from my normal one that would be dedicated solely to all things Kenya. So I will be using it throughout the rest of this semester to keep everyone updated on everything from fundraisers to travel details. Speaking of fundraisers, our first one was an unbelievable success. I must admit that I was very skeptical that we would raise a significant amount but K-State turned out in force to support us. If you are not aware our first fundraiser was a T-Shirt sale. As a group we got together and tie tyed a bunch of shirts green for people to wear on Fake Patty's Day or St. Patty's Day (0r both). Like I said, I wasn't sure how this would turn out. I was not necessarily a fan of tie dye. However, I soon realized that tie dye was actually pretty cool. Our first day in the Union (Thursday) we sold out of all but a few Larges and X-Larges! We were all stoked. Well since we had no more shirts to sell we knew we needed to make more. Luckily for us we were able to convice Walmart to donate our second batch. Who says Walmart is ruining local communites! So we rolled up our sleeves and cranked out another 30-ish shirts to sell Friday. Well once again the K-State community showed how awesome they are and snatched up every last shirt bt 2:00!! It was super awesome to see and feel the support from our fellow students and Wildcats. Its so encouraging and re-engergizing for this trip to have that kind of support. So I just want to thank everyone who came out and donated. It was amazing. For those of you who did not make it out and still would like to support us there will be plenty of more options throughout the semester. Instead of getting into all of that now I will wait, this post is getting lengthy. Thanks again for everyone's support and I will continue to keep you guys posted throughout the semester and summer.


Asante sana. Kwaherini.

0 comments:

Post a Comment